Thứ Năm, 2 tháng 4, 2015

Chuyên đề 4: CONDITIONAL SENTENCES AND WISH


I. CONDITIONAL SENTENCES
1. Type 1 ( loại 1 )
- Là điều kiện có thể xảy ra ở hiện tại hoặc tương lai
Ex1     : If it rains,I will stay at home.    ( Nếu trời mưa, tôi sẽ ở nhà)
Ex2     : If you meet him,please call me.   ( Nếu anh gặp anh ấy, làm ơn gọi cho tôi )
Ex3     : If I have free time,I often go for a walk.
                ( Nếu tôi có thời gian rảnh rổi, tôi thường đi dạo )
=>       IF + S1 + V1 ( HTĐ) , S2 + WILL + Vbare infinitive.
=>       IF + S1 + V1 ( HTĐ) , V2 bare infinitive .
=>       IF + S1 + V1 ( HTĐ) , S2 + V (HTĐ) .
2. Type 2 ( loại 2 )
- Là điều kiện trái với hiện tại.
I don’t go to school today.So, I don’t understand the lesson.
( Hôm nay,tôi không đi học.Vì thế tôi không hiểu bài )
Ex1     If I  went to school ,I would understand  the lesson.
( Nếu tôi đã đi học,tôi sẽ đã hiểu bài rồi)
I am not a teacher.So,I can’t teach the children.
( Tôi không phải là giáo viên.vì thế tôi không thể dạy bọn trẻ )
Ex2     If I  were  a teacher ,I  could  teach the children.
      ( Nếu tôi là giáo viên,tôi có thể dạy bọn trẻ rồi )
=>       IF + S1 + V1 ( QKĐ) , S2 + WOULD/COULD + Vbare infinitive.
* Chú ý : Nếu động từ trong mệnh đề IF là Tobe ,thì dùng WERE số nhiều cho tất cả các ngôi
3. Type 3 ( Loại 3 )
- Là điều kiện trái với quá khứ
Yesterday,I didn’t go to school .So, I didn’t understand the lesson.
( Hôm qua,tôi không đi học.Vì thế tôi đã không hiểu bài )
Ex        If I  had gone  to schoo lyesterday ,I would have understood  the lesson.
( Hôm qua,nếu tôi đã đi học,tôi sẽ đã hiểu bài rồi)
=>       IF + S1 + HAD + Ved ( 3), S2 + WOULD/COULD + HAVE+ Ved (3)
4. Mixed ( Hỗn hợp ) *
- Là điều kiện pha trộn giữa loại 2 và loại 3
Ex :     Yesterday evening,It rained.So,the roads are wet now.
      ( Tối hôm qua trời mưa.Vì thế các con đường giờ bị ướt)
      If it hadn’t rained yesterday evening,the roads were wet now.
      ( Nếu tối hôm qua trời đã không mưa,thì bây giờ các con đường đã không bị ướt )
=> IF + S1 + HAD + Ved ( 3), S2 + V2 ( QKĐ)
=> IF + S1 + V1 ( QKĐ), S + WOULD / COULD + HAVE + Ved (3)
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Exercise 1: Put the verbs in brackets into the gaps. form a conditional sentence - type 1. only use the will-future in the main clauses.
Example         : If I __ (to go) to the cinema, I ________ (to watch) an interesting film.
Answer           : If I go to the cinema, I will watch an interesting film.
1) If I………………...(to study), I………………(to pass) the exams.
2) If the sun……………………(to shine), we ………………………..(to walk) to the town.
3) If he ……………….(to have) a temperature, he …………………….(to see) the doctor.
4) If my friends ……………………(to come), I ………………………(to be) very happy.
5) If she…………………(to earn) a lot of money, she ……………….(to fly) to New York.
6) If we …………………(to travel) to London, we ………………..(to visit) the museums.
7) If you ………….(to wear) sandals in the mountains, you …………(to slip)on the rocks.
8) If Rita ……….(to forget) her homework, the teacher…………. (to give)her a low mark
9) If they……………. (to go) to the disco, they …………………..(to listen) to loud music.
10) If you ………………………(to wait) a minute, I …………………(to ask) my parents.
Exercise 2:  Put the verbs in brackets into the gaps. form a conditional sentence - type 2.
Example: If I __ (to go) to the cinema, I ________ (to watch) an interesting film.
Answer: If I went to the cinema, I would watch an interesting film.
1) If I ……………(to come) home earlier, I …………………………..(to prepare) dinner.
2) If we……………..(to live) in Rome, Francesco ……………………………(to visit) us.
3) If Tim and Tom ……………(to be) older, they ……………(to play) in our hockey team.
4) If he……………..(to be) my friend, I ……………..(to invite) him to my birthday party.
5) If Susan…………….(to study) harder, she ……………………….(to be) better at school.
6) If they……………….(to have) enough money, they …………………(to buy) a new car.
7) If you…………..(to do) a paper round, you ……………….(to earn) a little extra money
8) If Michael…………(to get) more pocket money, he ……….(to ask)Doris out for dinner
9) If we……………………….(to hurry), we …………………………(to catch) the bus.
10) If it………………….(to rain), Nina ………………..(to take) an umbrella with her.
Exercise 3:  Put the verbs in brackets into the gaps. form a conditional sentence - type 3.
Example: If I _______ (to go) to the cinema, I ________ (to watch) an interesting film.
Answer: If I had gone to the cinema, I would have watched an interesting film.
1) If the weather…………………..(to be) nice, they …………………….(to play) football.
2) If we…………….(to go) to a good restaurant, we …………….(to have) a better dinner.
3) If John……………..(to learn) more words, he ………………….(to write) a good report.
4) If the boys……………..(to take) the bus to school, they ……………(to arrive) on time.
5) If the teacher………………….(to explain) the homework, I…………………..(to do) it.
6) If they……………(to wait) for another 10 minutes, they ……………(to see) the pop star
7) If the police…………….(to come) earlier, they ………………….(to arrest) the burglar
8) If you …………(to buy) fresh green vegetable, your salad……………….(to taste) better
9) If Alex…………………..(to ask) me, I ………………………..(to email) the documents.
10) If he……………(to speak) more slowy, Peggy ………………….(to understand) him.
II. WISH
1. Wish in present (Ñieàu öôùc ôû hieän taïi )
- Meänh ñeà  sau WISH ta chia thì quùa khöù ñôn.  
 S1 + WISH + S2 + Ved (2) 
Ex : I don’t have money now. (Baây giôø toâi khoâng coù tieàn).
C    I wish I had money now.( Toâi öôùc baây giôø toâi coù tieàn)
Ex : I am not a teacher now.( Baây giôø toâi khoâng phaûi laø 1 giaùo vieân )
C    I wish I were a teacher now.( Toâi öôùc bay giôø toâi laø 1 giaùo vieân )
* Chuù yù : Ñoái vôùi ñoäng töø TOBE (is/am/are) ta duøng WERE  cho taát caû caùc ngoâi.

2. Wish in the past (Ñieàu öôùc ôû quaù khöù )  
 - Meänh ñeà  sau WISH ta chia thì quùa khöù hoaøn thaønh.
S1 + WISH + S2 + HAD + Ved (3)
Ex : I didn’t have money yesterday. (Hoâm qua toâi khoâng coù tieàn).
C    I wish I had had money yesterday .( Toâi öôùc hoâm qua toâi coù tieàn)
3. Wish in future ( Ñieàu öôùc ôû töông lai   )
- Meänh ñeà  sau WISH ta chia thì tieàn töông lai.
 S1 + WISH + S2 + WOULD (COULD)+ V (nguyeân maãu khoâng “To”)
Ex : I can’t play  football. (Toâi khoâng theå chôi boùng ñaù).
C I wish I could play football.( Toâi öôùc toâi theå chôi boùng ñaù)
Ex : I will not ( won’t) go to school tomorrow.( Ngaøy mai toâi seõ khoâng ñi hoïc ñöôïc )
C I wish I would go to school tomorrow.( Toâi öôùc ngaøy mai toâi seõ ñi hoïc ñöôïc )
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
I. Rewrite the sentences begining with “ I wish….’’
Ex : I don’t know him.    C  I wish I knew him.
1.She doesn’t see the film.                                    1…………………………………………….……
2.My father didn’t go to HCM city.          2. …………………………………………………
3.He can’t play the guitar.                          3. …………………………………………………
4.My friends will give her a book.           4. …………………………………………………
5.They are lazy.                                           5. …………………………………………………
6.Mary doesn’t have the book.                 6. …………………………………………………
7.I will see him.                                            7. …………………………………………….……
8.My father can’t see me.                          8. …………………………………….……………
9.We don’t watch TV.                                 9. …………………………………………………
10.She went away.                                       10. ………………………………………………...
















PRACTICE
I. Supply the correct forms of the verbs in brackets
1. If you ( go)…………………. away, please write to me.
2. If you ( be)…………………… in, I should have given it to you.
3. If he (eat)…………………. another cake, he will be sick.
4.  I ( not do )…………………….  that if I (be) you.
5.  If he (take)………………… my advice, everything can go well.
6.  I would have come sooner if I ( know) ……………………..you were here.
7.  He never does homework. If he ( do)............ his homework, he (not worry) ……...about his examination.
8.  It’s too bad we lost the game. If you (play)……………….. for us, we( win)………………
9.  What you (do)…………………… if she refuses your invitation?
10. If today (be) ……………….Sunday, we (go)…………….. to the beach.
11. Unless they (pass)……………. their examinations, they would join the army.
12. You (be)………………. ill if you drink that water.
13.  If Tom (go)……………………. to bed earlier, he would not be so tired.
14.  Had we known your address, we( write) ………………………..you a letter.
15.  If it’s raining heavily, we (not go)………………………. for a donkey ride.
16.  If he (try)…………………… hard, he’ll pass the examination.
17.  I could understand the French teacher if she (speak) ………………………more slowly.
18. If she (not be) ……………………..busy, she would have come to the party.
19. If I (finish)…………… the work in time, I ( go)………………… to the football game.
20. If you( see)………………… Mary today, please ( ask) …………………her to call me.
II. Rewrite the sentences without changing their meanings.
1. That man doesn’t work hard. He can’t earn more money.
àIf that man……………………………………………………………..
2.I don’t tell him the answer because he is from home.
àIf he were……………………………………………………………..
3. My friend and I don’t have enough money , so we will not buy a house of our own.
àIf my frine and I had……………………………………………………
4. The weather isn’t better now, so we can’t go for a walk.
àIf the weather were………………………………………………………
5. I don’t know his address, and I don’t give it to you.
àIf I knew………………………………………………………………....
6.He does not work slowly enough, so he makes many mistakes.
àIf he didn’t……………………………………………...………………..
7. I am not sent to prison. She doesn’t visit me.
àIf I were ………………………………………………………...………..
8. I don’t win a big prize in a lottery, so I don’t give up my job.
àIf won……………………………………………………………………..
9. The doctor can’t see many patients because he is so late.
àIf the doctor were not…………….………………………………………..
10. We don’t visit them in Hanoi because tickets are expensive.
àIf tickets……………………………………………………………..
11. Without your help,it would have been impossible for me to overcome my difficulties.
àHad you……………………………………………………………..
12. We couldn’t have managed without my father’s money.
àIf there were not……………………………………………………..
13. Thanks for reminding me about this meeting-otherwise I would have missed it
àIf you hadn’t……………………………………………………………..
14. If you don’t try to study hard,you will fail the exam.
àUnless you try……………………………………………………………..
15. The room is full of flies because you didn’t close the door.             
àIf  you had closed……………………………………………………………..
III. Supply the correct forms of the verbs in brackets
1. She wishes her father ( be)……………… here now to help her
2. I wish they ( visit)……………….. us when they were in town.
3. I wish someone ( give)……………. me a job next month.
4. If only I ( can take) ………………the trip to Hanoi with her next summer.
5. I wish they ( know) ………………….the truth yesterday.
6. I wish I (see)…………………. that film on TV again.
7. We wish she (be)……………….. our teacher of English.
8. My brother wishes he (not waste) ………………..time when he was young.
9. They wish they (come) …………………..to class on time yesterday morning.
10. I wish I ( spend)………………………my last summer vacation in the mountains.
11. I wish she (come) …………………..to see me yesterday.
12. If only I ( have) ……………………….more time to do this job.
13. He missed an exciting football match on TV last night. He wishes he (watch)…………. it.
14. I wish you ( not give ) …………………………them my phone number yesterday.
15. We wish we ( understand)……………………all the teacher’s explanation yesterday.
IV.  Rewrite the sentences without changing their meanings.
1. What a pity ! the weather isn’t nice.
à……………………………………………………………..            
2. Your cousin doesn’t tell you the truth.
à……………………………………………………………..             
3. I’m sorry you don’t study hard.
à……………………………………………………………..            
4. I can’t lend you any money.
à……………………………………………………………..            
5. What a pity ! he doesn’t invite us to the party.
à……………………………………………………………..            
6. I’m sorry I can’t easily give the answer.
à……………………………………………………………..            
7. Tom isn’t here now.
à……………………………………………………………..            
8. We don’t buy that house.
à……………………………………………………………..            
9. They never visit us.
à……………………………………………………………..             
10. She is often late for school.
à……………………………………………………………..         
V. Rewrite the sentences without changing their meanings.
1.      You got into so much trouble because you didn’t listen to me.
à……………………………………………………………..   
     
2.      There are so many bugs in the room because there isn’t a screen on the window.
à……………………………………………………………..         
3.      He is busy right now. So, he can’t help them.
à……………………………………………………………..         
4.      I can’t make all of my own meals because I am not good at cooking.
à……………………………………………………………..         
5.      I’m not you, so I can’t tell him the truth.
à……………………………………………………………..         
6.      She came, so he wasn’t disappointed.
à……………………………………………………………..         
7.      He is not a good student. He didn’t study for the test yesterday.
à……………………………………………………………..         
8.      I didn’t eat breakfast several hours ago, so I am hungry now.
à……………………………………………………………..         
9.      Mai is sick because she didn’t follow the doctor’s orders.
à……………………………………………………………..         
10.  He is tired this morning because he didn’t go to bed early last night.
à……………………………………………………………..         
11.  They don’t behave themselves so their parents are not happy about that.
à……………………………………………………………..         
12.  She didn’t say sorry so he was angry.
à……………………………………………………………..         
13.  I am not a rich businessman and I can’t afford to buy an expensive car.
à……………………………………………………………..         
14.  It rained last night so I didn’t go to the barbecue.
à……………………………………………………………..         
15.  My parents do not allow me to go, so I have to stay at home.
à……………………………………………………………..         
16.  She doesn’t pay attention to her cooking so the food is horrible.
à……………………………………………………………..         
17.  The weather was very nice so we didn’t go camping.
à……………………………………………………………..         
18.  The computer broke down and I had to stop my work.
à……………………………………………………………..         
19.  She loves him so she forgives him easily.
à……………………………………………………………..         
20.  He was angry so I didn’t say anything.
à……………………………………………………………..         

   TEST 4







Name :……………………………                 TEST 4
Time : 30’

MARKS



REMARKS
I. Give the right tenses and forms of  the verbs in brackets : (5ms)
1. I wish I (be)……………….a king.
2. I wish we ( not,go)……………..to bed late last night.
3. I wish the weather (be)……………….a bit warmer tomorrow.
4. If I find your passport I ( phone)…………………you at once.
5. I (offer)……………………to help him if I had realized he was ill.
6. I’d climb over the wall if there ( not,be)………………………so much broken glass on top of it.
7. I keep ( leave)………………..my glasses all over the place.
8. My friends suggested ( rent)…………………a room near our school.
9.My doctor advised me ( take)…………………….more exercises.
10. Most people don’t mind ( work)……………………overtime occasionally.
II. Change these sentences into Passive voice : (1m)
1. Why didn’t they help him?
Ø ………………………………………………………………….
2. How did the police find the lost little girl?
Ø ………………………………………………………………….
III. Change these  sentences into Reported speech : (2ms)
1. I asked Bill,” What time did you go to bed last night?”
Ø ………………………………………………………………….
2. Paul said, “ I must go home now.”
Ø ………………………………………………………………….
3. Must you go now?”, Mr Brown said  to me.
Ø ………………………………………………………………….
4.Cook it in butter”, Mrs Brown said to her daughter
Ø ………………………………………………………………….
IV. Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meanings : (2ms)
1. She didn’t speak to him, possibly because she was shy.
Ø If ………………………………………………………….
2. He never polishes his shoes, so he never looks smart.
Ø If ………………………………………………………….
3. If I don’t leave now, I will miss the train.
Ø If ………………………………………………………….
4. Without air, there would be no life on this planet.
Ø Unless ……………………………………………………




Không có nhận xét nào: