Thứ Năm, 7 tháng 12, 2017

THE OUTLINE OF ENGLISH 8 (THE FIRST TERM)



PART 1: VOCABULARY
- Review Vocabulary from Unit 1 to unit 8
PART 2: GRAMMAR AND STRUTURES
A. TENSES
1. The simple present tense ( Thì hiện tại đơn )
a. Form ( Hình thöùc )             
a.1. Ordinary Verbs ( ñoäng töø thöôøng )
S +  Vs(es)                                                  Ex : I often get up at 6.
S + do /does + not + V bare infinitive      Ex : I don’t get up at 6.
   Do / Does + S + V bare infinitive ? Ex : Do you get up at 6?
* Chú ý :
- Vôùi caùc chuû ngöõ laø           : I, You, We, They thì ta duøng trôï ñoäng töø  “DO”
- Coøn caùc chuû ngöõ laø           : He, She, It  thì ta duøng trôï ñoäng töø  “DOES”
- Khi chuû ngöõ ôû ngoâi thöù ba soá ít  (He, She, It) ta theâm “S’ vaøo sau ñoäng töø.       
Ex : He often gets up at 6.
     Nhöng khi caùc ñoäng töø coù taän cuøng laø : S, SS, SH, CH, O, X thì ta theâm “ES” thay vì theâm “S”
Ex : She washes her face.
a.2. To be ( ñoäng töø TOBE )           
S + IS / AM / ARE +…….                     Ex : She is a teacher.
S + Is / Am /Are + not +…               Ex : She is not (isn’t) a teacher.
IS /AM /ARE + S +..?                 Ex : Is she a teacher?
b. Use ( Caùch duøng ) :  Thì HTÑ ñöôïc duøng ñeå dieãn taû :
- Moät chaân lí .                                                           Ex : The earth moves around the Sun.
- Moät haønh ñoäng laëp ñi laëp laïi nhieàu laàn.           Ex : I often get up at 6.
- Ngheà nghieäp :                                                        Ex : She is a teacher.
- Ñaëc ñieåm tính chaát cuûa söï vaät hieän töôïng.      Ex : She is beautiful.
- 1 haønh ñoäng seõ xaûy ra trong töông lai.
Ex : When I am here tomorrow, I will tell you about that.
* Chú ý :
- Trong caâu thöôøng coù caùc traïng töø chæ thôøi gian nhö : Always  (Luoân luoân) ; Sometimes (Thænh thoaûng) ; Often (thöôøng) ; Usually ( Thöôøng thöôøng) ; Seldom (Hieám khi ) ; Never ( Khoâng bao giôø)…
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Supply the verbs  in the brackets with the simple present tense
( Chia caùc ñoäng töø trong ngoaëc ôû Thì Hieän Taïi Ñôn )
1. I often (get)……………………………up at 6.                                 
2. My father usually (do)…………………………….exercises.
3. He never  (read)………………………books.                       
4. She sometimes (go)……………………………………to school late.
5. They always  (go)……………. home late.                 
6. My mother seldom (play)……………………………..games.
7. I  (be)……………………….a boy.                                          
8. She  (be, not)……………………………..lazy.
9. When she  (come)……….here tomorrow, I will meet her.
10. Rivers  (flow)…………………………..into seas.               
2. The present continuous tense ( Thì hiện tại tiếp diễn )
a. Form ( Hình thöùc )             
            S + is/am/are + V-ing                             Ex : I am learning English.
            S + is/am/are + not + V-ing                Ex : I am not learning English.
            IS/AM/ARE + S + V-ing?                                Ex : Are you learning English ?
b. Use ( Caùch duøng ) Thì HTTD ñöôïc duøng ñeå dieãn taû :
- Moät haønh ñoäng ñang dieãn ra ngay luùc noùi.                 
Ex : She is playing the piano now.   
(Baây giôø coâ aáy ñang chôi ñaøn piano)
- Moät haønh ñoäng mang tính taïm thôøi      
Ex : I often get up at 6. But today I am getting up at 7.
 (Toâi thöôøng thöùc daäy luùc 6 giôø. Nhöng hoâm nay toâi thöùc daäy luùc 7 giôø)
- Moät döï ñònh trong töông lai gaàn  :                                
Ex : She is visiting her parents tomorrow.
(Ngaøy mai coâ aáy döï ñònh thaêm boá meï mình)
* Chú ý : 
- Trong caâu thöôøng coù caùc traïng töø chæ thôøi gian nhö : Now (Baây giôø) ; At present ( Baây giôø); At the moment ( Baây giôø) ; Right now ( Baây giôø)…….
- Một số động từ  chỉ tri giác, tình cảm...không được chia thì tiếp diễn như : KNOW, SMELL, LOVE…
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Supply the verbs in the brackets with the present continuous tense
( Chia caùc ñoäng töø trong ngoaëc ôû Thì Hieän Taïi Tieáp Dieãn )
1. Nam (read)…………………………a book now.                  
2. The children (play)…………………………football at present
3………………….you (learn)…………………English now ?                       
4. My friends (watch)……………………………T.V at the moment.
5. He (sleep, not)………………………….. now.                                  
6. She (speak)……………………………English right now.
7. Peter and Susan (sit)…………………….…….in the park now.                 
8. They (chat)……………………………….at the moment.
9. I  (do)……………………………..my homework at the moment.  
10. She (listen)…………………………………..to music now.
3. The present perfect tense ( Thì hiện tại hoàn thành )
a. Form ( Hình thöùc )     
S + HAVE/HAS + Ved(3)                                  Ex : I have just done my homework.
S + HAVE/HAS + NOT + Ved(3)       Ex : I have not done my homework.
HAVE / HAS + S + Ved(3) ?             Ex : Have you done your homework?
b. Use ( Caùch duøng ) Thì HTHT ñöôïc duøng ñeå dieãn taû :
-  1 haønh ñoäng xaûy ra trong quaù khöù nhöng thôøi gian khoâng xaùc ñònh roõ raøng.
Ex :  I have lost my key.
- 1 haønh ñoäng vöøa môùi xaûy ra.
Ex : I have just done my homework.
( Toâi vöøa môùi laøm xong baøi taäp veà nhaø cuûa mình)
* Chuù yù :
- Trong caâu thöôøng coù caùc traïng ngöõ chæ thôøi gian nhö : Recently (Gaàn ñaây ) ; Lately ( gaàn ñaây) ; So far ( Cho tôùi baây giôø) ; Up to now (Cho tôùi baây giôø) ; Never ( Khoâng bao giôø); Ever (ñaõ töøng),……
- FOR + 1 khoaûng thôøi gian ( for 3 years)
- SINCE + 1 moác thôøi gian (Since 2000)
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Supply the verbs in the brackets with the present perfect tense
( Chia caùc ñoäng töø trong ngoaëc ôû Thì Hieän Taïi Hoàn Thành )
1. He (do)………………………………………….homework .                                   
2. I (play)………………………………………….football.
3. She ( wash)……………………………………….her face.                          
4. I (read)……………………………………………….4 books.
5. So far,they (finish)……………………………………………3 exercises.           
6. Recently, People ( see)…………………………the film.
7. I (not, see) ……………………………………………him since  1998.
8. Marry (know)………………………………him for 3 years.
9. I (listen)………………………………………………..to music.                 
10…………………you (be)…………………………to HCM city?
4. The simple past tense ( Thì quá khứ đơn )
a. Form ( Hình thöùc )   
a.1. Ordinary Verbs (ñoäng töø thöôøng )    
S +  Ved(2)                                                 Ex : I got up at 6.
S + did + not + V bare infinitive                   Ex : I didn’t get up at 6.
Did + S + V bare infinitive ?              Ex : Did you get up at 6?
a.2 Ñoái vôùi ñoäng töø TOBE :              
S + Was / Was +…….     Ex : She was a teacher.
S + was / were + not +…           Ex : She was not (wasn’t) a teacher.
Was / Were  + S +..?     Ex : Was she a teacher?
b. Use ( Caùch duøng )  Thì QKÑ ñöôïc duøng ñeå dieãn taû :
- Moät haønh ñoäng xaûy ra taïi 1 thôøi ñieåm xaùc ñònh trong quaù khöù .
Ex : I got up at 6 yesterday. (Hoâm qua toâi thöùc daäy luùc 6 giôø)
- Trong caâu thöôøng coù caùc traïng töø chæ thôøi gian nhö : Ago (Caùch ñaây) ; Yesterday ( Hoâm qua) ; Last night / week / month / year ; In 2000…
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Supply the verbs in the brackets with the simple past tense
( Chia caùc ñoäng töø trong ngoaëc ôû Thì Qkh Ñôn )
1. Nam (read)………………….……a book last night.            
2. The children (play)………………………football yesterday.
3……………….you (learn)………………English last year?             
4. My friends (not, watch)………………………….……T.V last night.
5. He (sleep, not)…………………………..……well last night.                     
6. She (speak)………………….………English in 2000.
7. Peter and Susan (sit)………………….…….in the park.                  
8. They (chat)………………….…….yesterday morning.
9. I  (do)………………………………..my homework last night.                   
10. She (listen)………………………………..to music last night.
5. The simple future tense ( Thì Tương Lai Đơn)
a. Form ( Hình thöùc )             
S + WILL (SHALL ) + V (nguyeân maãu khoâng “To”)
S + Will + not ( Won’t ) + V (nguyeân maãu khoâng “To”)
WILL + S + V (nguyeân maãu khoâng “To”) ?
            Ex : I will go to school tomorrow.
            Ex : I will not go to school tomorrow.
            Ex : Will I go to school tomorrow?
b. Use ( Caùch duøng )  Thì TLÑ ñöôïc duøng ñeå dieãn taû :
- Moät haønh ñoäng seõ xaûy ra taïi 1 thôøi ñieåm xaùc ñònh trong töông lai, trong caâu thöôøng coù caùc traïng ngöõ chæ thôøi gian nhö : Tomorrow ( ngaøy mai), Next day / Week / Month / Year……
Ex : Next week I will visit my friends.
( Tuaàn tôùi toâi seõ ñi thaêm baïn toâi )
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Supply the verbs in the brackets with the simple future tense
( Chia caùc ñoäng töø trong ngoaëc ôû Thì Tương Lai Ñôn )
1. I (get)………………………..……up at 6 tomorrow.
2. My father (clean)……………………..…….the house next week.
3. He (read)…………………………..……the books.  
4. She (go)…………………… ……to school late tomorrow
5. They (go)…………………………... home late.                    
6. My mother (not, play)……………………………..games.
7. I (not, be)……………………………..……….a bad boy.    
8. She (not, be)…………………………..…..lazy.
9. I (meet) ………………………….…….. her. 
10……………….you (be)………………..a good student?
6. Near future Tense ( Thì tương lai gần / Tương lai dự định )
a. Form ( Hình thöùc )                       
S + is / am / are + going to + V(nguyeân maãu khoâng “To”)
          S + is / am / are + not + going to + V(nguyeân maãu khoâng “To”)
          Is / Am / Are + S + going to + V(nguyeân maãu khoâng “To”) ?
Ex : I am going to visit my parents next week.
( Toâi döï ñònh thaêm ba meï toâi vaøo tuaàn tôùi )
Ex : I am not going to visit my parents next week.
( Toâi khoâng döï ñònh thaêm ba meï toâi vaøo tuaàn tôùi )
Ex : Are you going to visit your parents next week.
( Baïn coù döï ñònh thaêm ba meï baïn vaøo tuaàn tôùi coù phaûi khoâng? )
b. Use ( Caùch duøng )  Thì TL Döï Ñònh ñöôïc duøng ñeå dieãn taû
- 1 döï ñònh, 1 keá hoaïch trong töông lai gaàn, trong caâu baét buoäc phaûi coù traïng ngöõ chæ thôøi gian noùi veà töông lai.
Ex : He is going to have a cup of coffee with his friends next Sunday.
( Anh ấy dự định đi uống cafe với bạn vào chủ nhật tới )
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Supply the verbs in the brackets with near future tense
( Chia caùc ñoäng töø trong ngoaëc ôû Thì Tương Lai dự định )
1. Nam (read)……………………………a book tonight.
2. The children (play)……………………..……………football tomorrow.
3……..……you (learn)………………….………English next week?
4. My friends (not, watch)…………………………………………T.V tonight.
5. He (sleep, not)…………………………………..……tonight.         
6. She (speak)……………………………………..………English with them next week.
7. Peter and Susan (sit)…………………………………….in the park tomorrow.   
8. They (chat)………………………………………………….with each other tonight.
9. I (do)………………………………………..my homework tonight.           
10. She (listen)……………………………………………..to music next week.
B. FORMS OF VERBS ( Hình thức của động từ )
GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES
A. V-ING LÀ CHỦ NGỮ / TÂN NGỮ TRONG CÂU
- Danh động từ trong Tiếng Anh gồm một động từ + ing ( Swimming, reading). Chức năng của danh động từ giống như chức năng của danh từ_có thể làm chử ngữ hay tân ngữ trong câu. Ví dụ :
Talking to friends is nice but being alone is also enjoyable.
Swimming in the Ocean is a lot of fun.
My favorite activity is reading.
I hate packing.
- Danh động từ cũng có thể có chức năng làm túc từ của giới từ. Ví dụ :
The idea of working abroad appeals to me.
The Rogers are happy about having a baby.
- Danh động từ cũng xuất hiện sau giới từ to, ví dụ như : lead to, look  forward  to, object to, be commited to, be opposed to, be used to. Ví dụ :
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
I’m opposed to borrowing the money.
- Danh động từ đôi khi có thể đi sau một danh từ sở hữu ( John’s, the student’s.) hoặc một đại từ sở hữu ( my, your). Ví dụ :
We look forward to your coming.
John’s getting a pay raise will make him happy.
B. CÁC ĐỘNG TỪ ĐƯỢC THEO SAU VƠI V-ING
- Danh động từ cũng có thể xuất hiện ở vị trí túc từ sau một số động từ. Sau đây là bảng kê động từ có thể được theo sau bởi một danh động từ.
Động từ
Nghĩa
Ví dụ
Admit
Thừa nhận
He admitted stealing the money.
Advise
Khuyên
She advised waiting until tomorrow.
Anticipate
Dự tính
I anticipate having a good time on vacation.
Appreciate
Đánh giá cao
I appreciate hearing from them.
Avoid
Tránh
He avoided answering my questions.
Complete
Hoàn thành
I finally completed writing my term paper.
Consider
Xem xét
I will consider going with you.
Delay
Làm chậm trễ
He delayed leaving for school.
Deny
Từ chối
She denied committing the crime.
Discuss
Thảo luận
They discussed opening a new business.
Dislike
Không thích
I dislike driving long distance.
Enjoy
Thích
We enjoyed visiting them.
Finish
Kết thúc
She finished studying about ten.
Forget
Quên
I’ll never forget visiting Napoleon’s tomb.
Can’t help
Không thể chịu đựng được
I can’t help worrying about it.
Keep
Giữ, duy trì
I keep hoping he will come.
Mention
Nói đến
She mentioned going to a movie.
Mind
Chăm sóc, quan tâm, để ý đến
Would you mind helping me with this?
Miss
Nhớ, Nhỡ
I missed being with my family.
Postpone
Hoãn
Let’s postpone leaving until tomorrow.
Practice
Thực hành
This athlete practiced throwing the ball.
Quit
Từ bỏ
He quit trying to solve the problem.
Recall
Nhớ lại
I don’t recall meeting him before.
Recollect
Nhớ ra
I don’t recollect meeting him before.
Recommend
Đề nghị
She recommended seeing the show.
Regret
Hối tiếc
I regret telling him my secret.
Remember
Nhớ
I can remember meeting him when I was a child.
Resent
Bực tức, phẫn nộ
I resent her interfering in my business.
Resist
Cưỡng lại được, kìm nén được
I couldn’t resist eating the desert.
Risk

She risks losing all of her money.
Stop

She stopped going to classes when she got sick.
Suggest

She suggested going to the movie
Tolerate

She won’t tolerate cheating during an exam.
Understand

I don’t understand his leaving school.

1. Full- Infinitive ( Nguyên mẫu có To )
- Phần lớn động từ trong tiếng Anh khi đi sau một động từ thì đều là nguyên mẫu có “To”
Ex : I want to buy a house.
- To infinitive sau cấu trúc : “ It is + Adj + To infinitive…..”
Ex : It is easy to learn English.
( Học tiếng Anh thì dễ )
2. Bare-infinitive ( Nguyên mẫu không To )
Động từ theo sau các động từ sau thì buộc phải nguyên mẫu không “ To”
- To make ( Trong cấu trúc này có nghĩa là “Nhờ “)
Ex : I made my brother carry my suitcase.
( Tôi nhờ anh trai tôi mang vali của tôi )
- To let (để cho ..)
Ex : I let my friend borrow my bicycle.
( Tôi cho bạn tôi mượn xe đạp của tôi )
Ex : My father let me drive his car.
( Ba tôi để tôi ( cho tôi) lái xe ông ấy )
- To have  ( Trong cấu trúc này có nghĩa là “ Nhờ “)
Ex : I have  my brother carry my suitcase.
( Tôi nhờ anh trai tôi mang vali của tôi )
- To help ( Giúp đỡ )
Ex : My brother helped me wash my car.
( Anh trai tôi giúp tôi rửa xe)
* Chú ý : Nhưng sau help cũng có thể là nguyên mẫu có “To”
Ex : My brother helped me to wash my car.
( Anh trai tôi giúp tôi rửa xe)
- Used to + V bare infinitive
Used to (Ñaõ töøng, thöôøng )
Đöôïc duøng ñeå dieãn taû 1 thoùi quen trong quaù khöù maø baây giôø khoâng coøn nöõa.
Ex  : My father smoked a lot last year. Now he gives up smoking . He used to smoke.
(Naêm ngoaùi ba toâi ñaõ huùt thuoác raát nhieàu. Baây giôø oâng ta ñaõ boû thuoác. OÂng aáy ñaõ töøng huùt thuoác)
3. Gerund ( Danh động từ )
- Danh ñoäng töø laø danh töø ñöôïc caáu taïo töø ñoäng töø baèng caùch theâm –ing
Moät soá ñoäng töø maø theo sau noù ñoäng töø buoäc phaûi theâm –ing:
+ Love (Yeâu)                                                                  + Like (Thích)                     
+ Dislike (Khoâng thích )                                              + Enjoy (Thích )
+ Hate (Gheùt)                                                                 + Start (Baét ñaàu)                             
+ Begin (Baét ñaàu)                                                          + Finish (Keát thuùc)
+ Stop (Keát thuùc )                                                          + Admit (Thöøa nhaän)
+ Avoid (Traùnh)                                                             + Practise (thöïc haønh)
+ Quit (Töø boû)                                                                + Postpone (Hoaø hoaõn)
+ Can’t help (Khoâng theå chòu ñöïng ñöôïc)                + Keep (Giöõ,duy trì)
+ Miss (Nhôù)                                                                  + Risk (Nguy cô )
+ Suggest  (Ñeà nghò)                                                                 …….
Ex : I love reading books.
4. Past participle ( Quá khứ phân từ )
- Là hình thức động từ thêm ed” hoặc ở cột  “3” ( Nếu động từ đó bất quy tắc )
Ex : I have finished the task.
Ex : Nam punished by his teacher yesterday is very handsome.
(Nam who was punished by his teacher yesterday  is very handsome)
( Nam người bị thầy giáo phạt hôm qua thì rất đẹp trai)
5. Present participle ( Hiện tại phân từ )
- Hiện tại phân từ cũng là hình thức động từ thêm đuôi –ING , mang ý nghĩa chủ động, nhưng không phải theo sau các động từ như trong danh mục trên ( Danh mục động từ theo sau buộc phải thêm – ING)
Ex : I am reading the book now.
Ex : Nam talking to you yesterday is my friend.
(Nam who was  talking to you yesterday is my friend.)
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Chia hình thöùc ñuùng caùc ñoäng töø trong ngoaëc :
1. He likes (play)………………………football.           
2. I love ( read)………………………..books.
3. My father enjoys (listen)……… to music.  
4. The students have finished (do)…………the homework.
5. He suggested me ( buy)………..the house.  
6. She practices (speak)……………….English everyday.
7. Nam stopped (smoke)…………….. yesterday.         
8. I hate (be)……………………called “sir”.
9. I can’t help ( wait)………….for him.              
10. It starts (rain)…………………………
11. I missed ( catch)………………….the train.
12. They avoided (meet)…………….me.
13. He admitted (Steal)……………………the car.      
14. He risks (lose) …………………….his money.
15. My brother dislikes (play)………………chess.     
16. The boy started ( cry)……………………………….
17. I used to ( play )…………………..football when I was a child.
18. Let me ( introduce )……………….you to my family.
19. He makes me ( clean ) ……………..the house.
20. My farther has me ( do)…………….the chores.

C. COMPARISONS

I. Comparative (So sánh hơn )

1. Short adjectives

- Là những tính từ chỉ có 1 âm tiết. Ví dụ : nice, clean, new, cheap

Ex : I am taller than he.

=> S1 + To be + adj+ ER + THAN+ S2

2. Long adjectives

- Là những tính từ có 2 âm tiết trở lên . Ví dụ : beautiful, handsome, expensive…

Ex : I am more handsome than he.

=> S1 + To be + MORE + adj + THAN + S2

II. Equal comparision ( so sánh ngang bằng)

1. Affirmative

Ex : I am as tall as  he.

=> S1 + To be + AS + adj + AS + S2

2. Negative

Ex : I am not  so tall as  he.

=> S1 + To be + not + So + adj + AS + S2

III. Superlative (So sánh nhất )

1. Short adjectives

Ex : I am the tallest..

=> S1 + To be +the +  adj+ EST

2. Long adjectives

Ex : I am the most  handsome.

=> S1 + To be + the MOST + adj.

* Notes (Các chú ý)

- Những tính từ có 2 âm tiết nhưng có kết thúc –y

dirty
dirtier
dirtiest
easy
easier
easiest
happy
happier
happiest
pretty
prettier
prettiest

Tuy nhiên đối với tính từ “ shy” thì ngoại lệ

shy
shyer
shyest

- Những tính từ có 2 âm tiết nhưng có kết thúc –er

clever
cleverer
cleverest

- Những tính từ có 2 âm tiết nhưng có kết thúc –le

simple
simpler
simplest

- Những tính từ có 2 âm tiết nhưng có kết thúc –ow

narrow
narrower
narrowest

 

- Những tính từ có  kết thúc –e

large
larger
largest

 

- Những tính từ có  tận cùng là phụ âm nhưng trước nó là 1 nguyên âm thì gấp đôi phụ âm đó rồi áp dụng hình thức so sánh.

big
bigger
biggest
sad
sadder
saddest

 

- Irregular adjectives ( Các tính từ bất quy tắt)

good
better
best
bad
worse
worst
much
more
most
many
more
most
little
less
least
little
smaller
smallest

- Special adjectives ( các tính từ đặc biệt )

Một số tính từ có 2 hình thức so sánh :
common
commoner / more common
commonest / most common
likely
likelier / more likely
likeliest / most likely
pleasant
pleasanter / more pleasant
pleasantest / most pleasant
polite
politer / more polite
politest / most polite
simple
simpler / more simple
simplest / most simple
stupid
stupider / more stupid
stupidest / most stupid
subtle
subtler / more subtle
subtlest
sure
surer / more sure
surest / most sure

 

- Sự khác nhau về ý nghĩa của các tính từ:

far
farther
farthest
Khoảng cách
further
furthest
Khoảng cách hay thời gian
late
later
latest

latter
x

x
last

old
older
oldest
Người và vật
elder
eldest
Người ( trong gia đình)
near
nearer
nearest
Khoảng cách
x
next
Trật tự
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
I. Choose the correct answers.
1.Of the four dresses, I like the red one………………………..
a. good                       b. better                     c. best
2. Bill is the …………………………… person we know.
            a.happier                   b. happiest                 c. happy
3. Pat’s cat is ……………………………than Peter’s.
            a. faster                      b. fastest                    c. fast
4.This poster is  ………………………than the one in the hall.
            a. colourfuler                        b. more colourful     c. colourful
5. Does Fred feel ………………….today than he did yesterday?
            a. weller                     b. better                     c. well  
6. This vegetable soup tastes very……………………………
            a. good                       b.best                         c. better
7. Jane is the …………………. athletic of all the women.
            a. less                         b. least                       c. at least
8. My cat is the …………………………of the two.
            a. prettier                   b. prettiest                 c. pretty
9. This summary is …………………..of the pair.
            a.  the better              b. the best                  c. gooder
10. The colder the weather gets,……………………..I feel.
            a. sicker                     b. the sicker              c. sick
II. Supply the correct forms of the adjectives and adverbs in the brackets.
1. Mary is (pretty) …………………………as her sister.
2. A new house is (expensive)………………………….. than an old one.
3. His joib is( important) …………………………than mine.
4. Of the four ties, I like the red one(well)………………………...
5. Nobody is (happy) …………………………………than Miss Snow.
6. Today English is the ( international) ………………………..of languages.
7. Jonh is much( strong) …………………………….than I thought.
8. Benches are ( comfortable) ……………………………than arm- chairs.
9. Bill is (good)………………………….. than you thought.
10. Mr Bush is the (delightful) ……………………………person I have ever known.
11. Dick is the ( careful)………………………….. of the three workers.
12. Is the book( interesting) ……………………………….than the one you read last week?
13. Gold is ( preciuos) ………………………….than iron.
14. The weather today is ( warm)………………………….. than the weather yesterday.
15. This film is not (good)………………………………. as the one we saw last week.
16. Holidays are( pleasant) ………………………….than working days.
17. Which is ( high) …………………………….mountain in your coutry?
18. A house is ( strong) ………………………..than a dog.
19. Robert is ( fat)………………………………. than his brother.
20. The Pacific is ( large)……………………………….. ocean in the world.
III. Rewrite the sentences without changing their meanings.
1. Yesterday the temperature was nine degreea. Today it’s only six degrees.
 => It’s ………………………………………………………………………….
2.The journey takes four hours by car and five hours by train.
=>It takes ………………………………………………………………………
3. We were very busy at work today. We are not as busy as that every day.
=> We ………………………………………………………………………….
4. Jane cooks better than her sister.
=> Jane’s sister …………………………………………………………………
5. Tom is the best football player in this team.
=> Nobody in this team  ………………………………………………………
IV. Put in the “adjective in bold” from the first sentence into the second sentence in its correct form (comparative or superlative).
Example: I have a fast car, but my friend has a………….. car.
Answer: I have a fast car, but my friend has a faster car.
1. This is a nice cat. It's much…………..than my friend's cat.
2. Here is Emily. She's six years old. Her brother is nine, so he is ………….
3. This is a difficult exercise. But the exercise with an asterisk (*) is the…………
exercise on the worksheet.
4. He has an interesting hobby, but my sister has the …………………..hobby in the world.
5. In the last holidays I read a good book, but father gave me an even………….one last weekend.
6. School is boring, but homework is …………………than school.
7. Skateboarding is a dangerous hobby. Bungee jumping is…………than skateboarding.
8. This magazine is cheap, but that one is ………………
9. We live in a small house, but my grandparents' house is even …………than ours.
10. Yesterday John told me a funny joke. This joke was the………… joke I've ever heard.

IV. Cấu trúc:  the same as # different from, As # Like
      S + V + the same + Noun (có hoặc không) + as + Noun/Pronoun
Ex1 :  All students just do the same as their instructor.
           (Tất cả học sinh đều thực hiện động tác giống giáo viên của họ)
Ex2: You’re wearing the same dress as mine.  
          (Bạn đang mặc một bộ váy giống hệt của tôi)
Chú ý:
- Trái nghĩa với “the same…as” là “different from…”, không dùng “different than…”
Ex3: My house is differrent from his house.
- As : giống (sự thật)
- Like: giống (không phải sự thật
Ex1: He works as a teacher.
        (Anh ấy là giáo viên)
Ex2: He works like a teacher.
        (Anh ấy không phải là giáo viên. Nhưng anh ấy có lời nói và hành động như giáo viên)
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
1.Jenifer comes from Rapid City. Jack comes from Rapid City. In other words, they come from…………………………………..city.
2.This city is ……………………. my hometown. Both are quiet and conservative
3. You and I don’t agree. Your ideas are …………………………mine
4. Eric never wears…………………………. clothes two days in the same row.
5. A male mosquito is not…………………….. size ………….. a female mosquito . The female is larger
6. The pronunciation of caugh is ……………………….the pronunciation of “cot”.
7. Trying to get through school without studying………………………….. trying to go swimming without getting wet.
8. I’m used to strong coffee. I think the coffee most North America drinks tastes ………….. dishwater!
9. In term of shape, cabbage looks ………………….. lettuce . But cabbage and lettuce don’t taste ……………..
10. Ants are fascinating. An ant colony is ………………….. a well-disciplined army.
D. “ ENOUGH….TO” ( đủ ….để )
1. Hai Chuû ngöõ truøng nhau.                      
S + V + ADJ / ADV + ENOUGH + TO INFINITIVE.
Ex : I am old. I can see the movie .  
 F   I am old enough to see the movie.
2. Hai Chuû Ngöõ Khaùc  Nhau :
S + V + ADJ / ADV + ENOUGH + FOR SB + TO INFINITIVE.
Ex : The house is cheap. I can buy it.
F The house is cheap enough for me to buy.
* Chuù YÙ :
- Trong tröôøng hôïp 2 ngöõ ngöõ khaùc nhau maø taân ngöõ cuûa veá 2 truøng vôùi chuû ngöõ cuûa veá 1 thì ta seõ khoâng ghi laïi taân ngöõ cuûa veá 2 khi noái 2 caâu.
- ENOUGH vöøa laø Danh Töø vöøa laø Tính Töø.
Ex : I have enough money.
(Trong tröôøng hôïp naøy Enough laø Tính Töø bôûi vì noù ñi tröùoc Danh Töø vaø boå nghóa cho Danh Töø)
Ex : I am rich enough.
(Trong tröôøng hôïp naøy Enough laø Danh Töø bôûi vì noù ñi sau Tính Töø vaø ñöôïc Tính Töø boå nghóa cho )
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG 1
Complete the dialogues, using ENOUGH as an adj (before nouns) or adv (after adj) with the word in brackets.
1. Is she going to get married? - No, she’s not……………………….……(old).
2. Do you want to play tennis today ?- No, I don’t feel………………...……….tennis today. (well)
3. Why don’t we go swimming?- Well, it’s…………………………………….(warm)
4. Are they going to buy that house? You must be joking. They aren’t …………………..………..such an expensive house. (rich)
5. Would you like to go away on holiday?  I am sorry I can’t. I haven’t got …………………………….……on holiday (money)
6. Hurry up, children. WE must get to the airport on time.Don’t worry, Mom. We have…………………………….to the airport. (time)
7. Can she read a newspaper in French? No, she doesn’t know………….…………………a newspaper. (French)
8. Let’s get a taxi. No, I think it’s not………………………………….a taxi. (far)
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG 2
Combine two sentences, using “ Enough…..to…”
1. They are strong. They can move the table.   
Ø ……………………………………………………….
2. I am tall. I can reach the shell.                         
Ø . ………………………………………………………
3. My mother is good. She helps a lot of people.          
Ø . ………………………………………………………
4. He is rich. He can buy the car.                         
Ø . ………………………………………………………
5. The car is cheap. I can buy it.                           
Ø . ………………………………………………………
6. The table is short. The boy can reach it.                    
Ø ………………………………………………………..
7. The driver drives slowly. I can catch the car easily.
Ø . ………………………………………………
8. The  cat is nice. Everyone likes it.                              
Ø ………………………………………………………..
9. She is beautiful. I love her.                                          
Ø …………………………………………………………
10. The bed is tall. My daughter can’t reach it. 
Ø . ..…………………………………………………….
E. “ TOO….TO” ( …..quá ….đến nỗi mà không thể…. )
1. Hai Chuû ngöõ truøng nhau.                      
S + V + TOO + ADJ / ADV + TO INFINITIVE.
Ex : I am old. I can’t move the table .  
 F   I am too old  to move the table.
2. Hai Chuû Ngöõ Khaùc  Nhau :
S + V + TOO ADJ / ADV +  FOR SB + TO INFINITIVE.
Ex : The house is expensive. I can’t buy it.
F The house is too expensive for me to buy.
* Chuù YÙ :
- Trong tröôøng hôïp 2 ngöõ ngöõ khaùc nhau maø taân ngöõ cuûa veá 2 truøng vôùi chuû ngöõ cuûa veá 1 thì ta seõ khoâng ghi laïi taân ngöõ cuûa veá 2 khi noái 2 caâu.
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Exercise 1 : Combine each of the following pairs of sentences into one sentence, using (not) Adjective + enough + to –infinitive.
1. My sister is old. She can drive a car.
Ø ……………………………………………………………………………..
2. The radio isn’t small. You can put it in your pocket
Ø ……………………………………………………………………………
3. This coat isn’t warm. I don’t wear it in the winter
Ø …………………………………………………………………………..
4. She is beautiful and intelligent. She can become Miss World.
Ø ………………………………………………………………………….
5. The weather was fine. We could go camping.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………….
6. Those apples aren’t ripe. We can’t eat them.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………….
7. Mr Robinson isn’t rich. He can’t buy a house.
Ø ……………………………………………………………………………
8. The worker is clever. He can make fine things from wood.
Ø ………………………………………………………………………………
9. The coffee isn’t strong. It won’t keep us awake.
Ø ……………………………………………………………………………..
10. The bull isn’t big. He couldn’t harm you.
Ø ………………………………………………………………………………
11. The floor wasn’t strong. We couldn’t dance on it.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
12. You are quite thin. You could slip between the bars
Ø ………………………………………………………………………………
13. The fire isn’t very hot. It won’t boil a kettle.
Ø ……………………………………………………………………………….
14. The ladder wasn’t very long. It didn’t reach the window.
Ø ……………………………………………………………………………….
15.*You are very young. You can’t have the front-door key.
Ø ……………………………………………………………………………….
16.*It is very cold. We can’t bathe.
Ø ………………………………………………………………………………..
17. You shouldn’t  wear this coat in winter. It’s not warm enough.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
18. Don’t stand on that chair. It’s not strong enough.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
19. You can’t sleep in this bed. It’s not wide enough for you two.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
20. I couldn’t make coffee for everyone. There weren’t enough cups.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
21. He didn’t finish the examination. He didn’t have enough time
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
Exercise 2 : Combine two sentences into one, using “ … too + adj  +  for  sb + …+ to-inf”
1.The child can’t drink this milk. It’s too hot.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
2.We can’t lift this weight. It’s too heavy.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
3. They can’t push the piano through that door, it’s too narrow.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
4.You can’t hang the picture on that wall. It’s too small.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
5. She can’t watch this programme. It’s too boring.
Ø …………………………………………………………………………………
F. REPORTED SPEECH
1. Command ( Câu mệnh lệnh )
- Khi caâu tröïc tieáp laø loaïi Caâu mệnh lệnh thì ta söû duïng ñoäng töø giôùi thieäu laø “To ask - asked” hoặc “To tell-told “
Ex : He said to me,” Open the door,please !”
       Ø He told / asked me to open the door.
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG

Exercise 1 : Change these sentences into reported speech

1. "Stop talking, Joe," the teacher said.

→ The teacher told Joe ………………………………………………………..……….

2. "Be patient," she said to him.

→ She told him ……………………………………………………………….……….

3. "Go to your room," her father said to her.

→ Her father told her …………………………………………………………….……

4. "Hurry up," she said to us.

→ She told us ………………………………………………………………………….

5. "Give me the key," he told her.

→ He asked her ………………………………………………………………………..

6. "Play it again, Sam," she said.

→ She asked Sam ……………………………………………………………………..

7. "Sit down, Caron" he said.

→ He asked Caron ……………………………………………………………….........

8. "Fill in the form, Sir " ,the receptionist said.

→ The receptionist asked the guest ……………………………………………………

→ She told us ……………………………………………………………………….…

10. "Mind your own business," she told him.

→ She told him ……………………………………………………………….……….

11. "Don't touch it," she said to him.

→ She told him ………………………………………………………………………..

12. "Don't do that again," he said to me.

→ He told me …………………………………………………………………….……




G. ATTRIBUTIVE AND PREDICATIVE ADJECTIVES
Khi có nhiều tính từ bổ nghĩa cho một danh từ (noun) thì có một hướng dẫn về thứ tự của những tính từ này. Thứ tự đó như sau:
                                    D - O – S – Sh – A – C – O – M- P
   (Determiners-Opinion – Size – Shape – Age – Color – Origin – Material - Purpose)

 Ex: My grandfather’s beautiful big cubic old yellow Vietnamese wooden storage house.
                                           O         S     Sh        A      C          O            M

1. Determiners/limiting xác định từ/giới hạn (a, an, her, five, many, some, several, five)
2. Opinion/judgment (ý kiến/phê phán) (ugly, pretty, smart, cheap)
3. Size (bề lớn) (big, fat, thin, gigantic, tall, large)
4. Shape (hình thể) (circular, square, fat, tall, short)
5. Age (tuổi) (new, modern, old, young, 10 years old)
6. Color (mầu sắc) (yellow, green, pink, white)
7. Origin (nguồn gốc) (American, English, Asian, Italian (shoes) Chinese)
8. Material (chất liệu) (cotton, wood, plastic, glass, gold)
9. Purpose (mục đích) (sleeping bag, computer table, football field)
Ex1:
art/poss
opinion
size
age
shape
color
origin
material
purpose
noun
a
silly
young
English
man
the
huge
round
metal
bowl
my
small
red
sleeping
bag
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Exercise 1: Write these words in the correct order
1. grey / long / beard / a
………………………………………………
2. flowers / red / small
………………………………………………
3. car / black / big / a
………………………………………………
4. blonde / hair / long
………………………………………………
5. house / a / modern / big / brick
………………………………………………
Exercise 2: Put the adjective in the correct order in the following sentences
1. a long face (thin)
………………………………………………
2. big clouds (black)
………………………………………………
3.a sunny day (lovely)
………………………………………………
4. a wide avenue (long)
………………………………………………
5. a metal box (black/ small)
………………………………………………
6. a big cat (fat/ black)
………………………………………………
7. a /an little village (old/ lovely)
………………………………………………
8. long hair (black/ beautiful)
………………………………………………
9. an /a old paiting (interesting/ French)
………………………………………………
10. an/ a enormous umbrella (red/ yellow)
………………………………………………
H.  PREPOSITIONS OF TIME (giới từ thời gian)
In: month, year, season (in May, in 2004. in summer……)
       in the morning / afternoon / evening.
On: date +month (on May 1st,…..).
          on Sunday, on Friday,…..
          on my birthday, on Tet holiday, on the weekend
At:  hour (at 7 o’clock ……….)
          at day, at night, at weekend
Between: between 7 and 8 o’clock
                 between Jun & July .
After # before: after 4 o’clock.
For: For + Khoảng thời gian
        for 2 hours /5 days, for a long time.
Since: Since + Mốc thời gian
           since yesterday, since 2002.
I. ADVERBS OF PLACE (trạng từ chỉ nơi chốn)
Here : Ở đây
There: Ở đó
Inside: Bên trong
Outside: Bên ngoài
Upstairs: Trên gác
Downstairs: Duwosi gác
Adverbs of place = prepositions + N
Ex: I live in An Lao = I live here



K. REFLEXIVE PRONOUNS
Ngôi
Số
Đại từ nhân xưng
Đại từ phản thân
1
Ít
I
Myself

Nhiều
We
Ourselves   
2
Ít
You
Yourself

Nhiều
You
Yourselves
3
Ít
he
Himself


She
Herself


It
Itself

Nhiều
They
Themselves
BAØI TAÄP VAÄN DUÏNG
Exercise 1: Supply the reflexive pronouns
1. My brother can repair the bike ………………..
2. They have a great time. They really enjoy ………………….
3. Don’t worry about us. We can look after ……………….
4. This exercise isn’t difficult. Do it ……………….
5. She cut ………………..
6. I made this shirt ………………..
PART 3. TOPIC SPEAKING
I. Self- Introduce
- Name: I’m/ My name’s……
- Age: I’m……..years old
- Class: I’m in class…….
- School: I’m a student at Ngo May secondary school
- Your family: There are……in my family: My father, my mother, my brother/sister and me………
II. Topics
1. How to learn English?
2. Do you prefer Country or city?
3. Life in the past and present.
III. Answer the questions in the topic


Không có nhận xét nào: